This all comes about due to a transfer ban currently imposed on Atletico Madrid, preventing them signing players after breaking rules regarding the 'tapping up' of young talents.
"It has been a very tough few days for me and my family but in the end we decided to come here".
Although Atletico are still under a transfer ban by FIFA until January 2018, the club have matched Sevilla's 37.5million euros release clause.
But it seems the player was keen on Atletico after he cancelled his contract with Sevilla.
"Due to FIFA's sanction that forbids the club from registering football players during the current summer market, the player will play the first half of the season with Las Palmas and will join our team on January 1st 2018".
In a statement on their official website after the news broke, the club said; "Atletico de Madrid has reached an agreement with Victor Machin Perez, Vitolo, for the next five years after the football player rescinded his contract with Sevilla".
Atletico's new signing won the Europa League three times with Sevilla, in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Arsene Wenger denies making world-record bid for Monaco's Kylian Mbappe
- México regresará a ser un gran productor de petróleo: Peña
- Wimbledon Final 2017: Start Time, Tv Channel, Live Stream, Williams vs Muguruza
- Federer will be aware Cilic is no pushover — Wimbledon
- Lionel Messi compartió un íntimo video de su casamiento con Antonela Roccuzo
- Cultivos de coca aumentan en 52% — Colombia
- Massa y Stolbizer pidieron dejar atrás "la grieta" al lanzar 1País
- Rector lamenta muerte de director de prepa 22
- Real look to future with Ceballos signing
- Llegan a Venezuela 5 expresidentes a acompañar consulta opositora