- There are a lot of concerns with Governor Greg Abbott's agenda heading into Tuesday.
Now, with Abbott's push, the "bathroom" bill might be back on the table as one of his many special session agenda items.
Abbott's aides have made clear he is taking a different approach to the 2018 election cycle than he did the last one, when he largely avoided direct involvement in legislative races.
She later identified herself in the photo as "trans-woman" and posted it on Facebook with #BATHROOM BUDDY. The Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce has seen the benefits and wants to keep it that way. Proponents of the move said it was needed to help an overwhelmed U.S. Border Patrol, whose agents were ill-prepared to handle the influx and concentrate on border security efforts. In 2014, Collier challenged incumbent Glenn Hegar in the race for state comptroller, receiving 37 percent of the vote to Hegar's 58 percent. He says about 100 service members remain on the mission.
The issue's top Texas proponent is Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, a fiery former radio talk show host who oversees the Senate and is the state's leading conservative voice.
The cities of Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, Midland and Odessa saw noticeable increases in sales tax allocations, Hegar said. "The fact that a small group of professors dislike a law and speculate about a 'chilling effect' is hardly a valid basis to set the law aside", Paxton said.
Still, some Democratic priorities described Monday are unlikely to enjoy bipartisan support - or even see much debate, as presiding officers in both chambers are unlikely to refer such bills to committee, and any measures not on the governor's formal call could be easily shot down by administrative points of order.
Attorney General Ken Paxton on July 7 lauded a federal court decision to dismiss a complaint lodged by three University of Texas at Austin faculty members regarding Senate Bill 11, the state's 2015 law that allows firearms to be carried on campus.
North Texas-based artist Will Heron has begun painting the first mural of the Downtown Mural Project this week in the Downtown Plano Arts District.
- CNE abrió investigación formal contra Zuluaga por escándalo de Odebrecht
- Enel informa que han restablecido el 98% suministro eléctrico
- Trump amenaza con sanciones si Maduro impone Asamblea Constituyente
- Florencio Randazzo apuntó a ser gobierno en 2019
- Segundo sismo de 4.5 grados se registró esta noche en Arequipa
- Tsunami warning after magnitude 7.4 earthquake hits Alaska
- "Game of Thrones" marca un nuevo récord de audiencia — VENEZUELA
- Viajeros a EE.UU. no podrán volar usando tablets o computadores
- Comienza el rodaje de "Bohemian Rhapsody", la película de Queen
- Arsenal target to demand move, £90k-a-week agreement in place