The 13th Doctor has been revealed!
"I'm beyond excited to begin this epic journey - with Chris and every Whovian on this planet", Whittaker said in a statement.
The character transitions from one actor to another through the show's concept of regeneration into an incarnation. "I always knew I wanted the 13th Doctor to be a woman and we're thrilled to have secured our number one choice".
"It feels completely overwhelming; as a feminist, as a woman, as an actor, as a human, as someone who wants to continually push themselves and challenge themselves, and not be boxed in by what you're told you can and can't be", Whittaker said in a BBC Q&A. "Her audition for the Doctor simply blew us all away", reports The Guardian.
Her credits include "Broadchurch", "Black Sea", "Attack the Block", "Black Mirror", "One Day", "St. Trinian's" and "Cranford".
'I want to tell the fans not to be scared by my gender because this is a really exciting time, and Doctor Who represents everything that's exciting about change, ' she explained.
He added: "Anyone who has seen Jodie Whittaker's work will know that she is a wonderful actress of great individuality and charm. She's going to be a fantastic Doctor". He said of the casting, "After months of lists, conversations, auditions, recalls, and a lot of secret-keeping, we're excited to welcome Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor".
She also insisted fans should not fear change, presumably out of worry that this may start a second War of the Roses.
- Chelsea consider four targets to replace Diego Costa
- Se derrumbó parte del techo del Abasto Shopping — Casi una tragedia
- Un fin de semana gris
- "Game of Thrones" marca un nuevo récord de audiencia — VENEZUELA
- Hamilton reigns at Silverstone, slashes Vettel's lead to one point
- Can we just not with the bathroom bill?
- Segundo sismo de 4.5 grados se registró esta noche en Arequipa
- Microsoft Launches Major Xbox One Update With Custom Gamerpics And Co-Streaming
- Alerta de tsunami en Rusia tras sismo de 7,4 grados
- Enel informa que han restablecido el 98% suministro eléctrico