Burnley manager Sean Dyche was delighted after his team ditched their label as poor travellers to pull off a shock 3-2 win at champions Chelsea, who finished with nine men, on Saturday.
Leicester had come from behind to take a 2-1 and then 3-2 lead, only for quick goals from substitutes Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud to swing the game late on.
Chelsea dominated en route to winning the Premier League last season. We have to pick ourselves up and look forward to the next game.
Vokes was not to be denied five minutes later, however, with the Welshman turning a Matthew Lowton cross into the bottom corner as the champions were stunned on home soil.
Conte also started Jeremie Boga, 20, and placed 19-year-old Kyle Scott, Charly Musonda, 20, and Andreas Christensen, 21, on the bench. It's the battle of the S' on the South-Coast, with Saints skipper Virgil van Dijk not expected to play any part as he continues to wrangle for a move away.
"But our first half we kept losing our heads - after the red card we lost our heads, conceded two goals and then it's very difficult to change the final result".
There have been times when Burnley have been too honest. It had most of the possession and 19 shots, but the scoring boots were off early and it cost them. Burnley didn't win away from Turf Moor until a 2-0 victory at Crystal Palace on April 29 - that's a wait of 259 days from the start of the campaign. We have to improve a lot on this aspect, because a situation of this type can happen. Forget Gray, Vokes was the player Burnley couldn't afford to lose. The composure of the Chelsea players disappeared for the remainder of a half that will not be quickly forgotten. This time it was Defour who curled the ball into the area.
The Blues managed to score a second in the 88th minute when David Luiz converted a flick from Morata, but Burnley, who hit the post late on through Brady, held on to record all three points following an incredible game at Stamford Bridge.
"I repeat: it is important for us to be concentrated on our work, to be focused every day in training and to try to work in our best way".
- Unidad Ciudadana denunció faltante de boletas en varios distritos bonaerenses
- Macri emitió el voto en un colegio de Palermo
- Nine Man Blues Suffer Shock Defeat To Burnley At Stamford Bridge — Chelsea
- Los Leones, a la final con una nueva goleada
- Trump reafirma su disposición a tomar "medidas militares" contra Corea del Norte
- LeBron James saddened by Charlottesville violence, expresses concern for America's direction
- Elecciones PASO 2017: Cristina Kirchner no votará por "problemas de lógística"
- Iván Cepeda pide garantías en proceso por asesinato de su primo
- Lupita González obtiene la plata en Mundial de Atletismo
- "El resultado definitivo será el de octubre" — Vidal