Conte was angry with his Chelsea players and spoke about their inability to keep their heads in his post-match press conference.
"Whether he feels guilty or whether he really did want to come back to Chelsea, or to England, I'm not convinced of that".
"We have to take the positives from the game, like the second half, work hard during the week and play a good match against Tottenham".
The Blues never seemed to regain their composure after that, and found themselves three goals down by half-time as Burnley took full advantage.
"We have to improve a lot on this aspect because this type of situation can happen".
"The sending off of Cahill was a key moment, because to play the rest of the game with 10 and then nine men is not easy", the Italian told Sky Sports.
"I am not worried, I am ready to fight with these players. This role is the most difficult to adapt to then the other roles".
We will have our eye on all five of this afternoon's 3pm kick-offs with particular focus on the action at Stamford Bridge where Chelsea begin their title defence at home to Burnley.
The Chelsea boss was also without the injured trio of Pedro, Eden Hazard and recent arrival Tiemoue Bakayoko, although new striker Alvaro Morata impressed as a second-half substitute, scoring one goal and setting up another for David Luiz.
But Conte has made no secret of his desire to recruit more players to strengthen his first team for a season that sees the addition of Champions League matches to their fixture list. "But for sure he played very well in the last 30 minutes, which is good news for us".
But the unhappiness Conte showed in pre-season continued as his side imploded, starting when Cahill got a red for going in studs up on Steven Defour.
The result is also the first time Chelsea has lost an opening league game of the season since 1998.
- Habilitan mesas para inscribirse como donante de órganos durante las PASO
- Trump Plays Golf As North Korea Tensions Rise
- Iván Cepeda pide garantías en proceso por asesinato de su primo
- Trump y Macron se unen contra Corea del Norte
- Todo lo que tenés que saber para votar en las PASO
- Los Leones, a la final con una nueva goleada
- Macri emitió el voto en un colegio de Palermo
- Aviones norteamericanos se han desplazado hacia Guam
- Trump reafirma su disposición a tomar "medidas militares" contra Corea del Norte
- Elecciones PASO 2017: Cristina Kirchner no votará por "problemas de lógística"