Dembele was penalised due to his absence from practice on Thursday, sparking fresh speculation about his future with the Bundesliga club.
"Coutinho has all the qualities to succeed in Barcelona". Ross Barkley (groin) looks likely to leave Everton this summer and he was absent from the Toffees' win against Stoke, while Gylfi Sigurdsson, who has been mooted as a possible replacement for Barkley at Everton, skipped Swansea's goalless draw at Southampton due to illness.
The Bundesliga club explained in a statement that the decision was taken jointly by Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke, sporting director Michael Zorc and coach Peter Bosz after Saturday's 4-0 victory over Rielasingen-Arlen in the first round of the German DFB Cup.
A number of reports have claimed that Dembele's actions were a move to help force through a transfer to Barcelona, who are rumoured to be interested in his services.
The France international was one of Dortmund's best players last season as they finished third in the Bundesliga, scoring six goals and contributing a further 12 assists in 32 league appearances. He later tweeted an apology.
Barca have been hoping to convince Dortmund to part with one of their most prized assets following the world record breaking sale of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain, last week, but have so far come up short with their efforts to land Dembele.
In Italy also there have been a few big controversies.
Valencia lost 2-1 to Atalanta in a friendly, a game which wing-back Leandro Spinazzola refused to travel to.
It's easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!
- Schiaretti admitió la derrota a manos de Cambiemos — Córdoba
- Ataque aéreo en Afganistán mata a altos mandos del Estado Islámico
- Gobernador de Guam pide a población "estar preparada" ante amenaza norcoreana
- Rafa Márquez se queda sin cuentas de banco
- Parlamento iraní votará plan contra 'aventurismo' de EEUU
- Los mensajes de apoyo al piloto accidentado — FuerzaMauroGiallombardo
- First Neymar, now Kylian Mbappe - PSG line up £160m deal
- Lazio supera 3-2 a Juventus y gana la Supercopa de Italia
- Un empujón que puede costarle caro a Cristiano Ronaldo
- 18 detenidos en Venezuela por asalto a base militar