Shields is 8-25 over the last two years after suffering back-to-back losses at Minnesota and versus Cleveland in his last two turns.
A day after hitting for the cycle in a 13-1 victory over the Giants, Abreu recorded his fourth multihomer game of the season and 10th of his four-year major league career.
"I would rather make a judgment, or little bit more of a judgment, and draw some conclusions as to what we need to work on and what we need to get better at here rather than in spring [training.] This will give us a better understanding of where they're at, measure what they do and then put a plan together for them as we move forward". He came out blazing, striking out six in the first three innings.
Their only two runs in the last two games came on solo homers by Nick Hundley (on Saturday) and Jarrett Parker (on Sunday).
San Francisco Giants starting pitcher Madison Bumgarner (40) delivers against the Chicago White Sox during the first inning of a baseball game in Chicago, Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017.
The Giants, who have the second-worst record in the majors, were looking to win their first road series since they swept the Pirates June 30-July 2.
Matt Davidson added an RBI double to extend the lead to 6-1 in the fifth.
The Giants snapped their three-game losing streak by winning, 11-3, at Colorado on Wednesday (San Francisco had scored a total of 12 runs over its three-game losing streak). "My breaking ball later in the game was able to get a couple of guys swinging and overall it was a great day".
Between what Renteria and Fulmer said, it sounds like what Fulmer does the rest of this season will be viewed as a tryout. "That's the frustrating part about it. I felt really good right from the get-go". Hammel pitched at least six innings in each of his last five starts and at least five innings in his last 18.
"I've worked my whole life to get here and I'm a competitor", Fulmer said. Manager Bruce Bochy said Parker is still not quite ready to play the field.
The Giants are having a terrible season. Abreu and teammates 2B Yoan Moncada, 3B Yolmer Sanchez and SS Tim Anderson became the first starting infield in White Sox history to all homer in a game Saturday, according to STATS.
Finally, Abreu joined an exclusive club of his own, as his eighth inning triple earned him the first cycle the White Sox have had since 2000.
- Godoy Cruz-Talleres: horario, TV y formaciones
- Captan extraño "rostro" en las imágenes satelitales del huracán Irma
- Facebook: 28.000 personas dijeron querer reunirse para disparar al huracán Irma
- Chacarita-Tigre, por la Superliga: horario, TV y formaciones
- Florida ordena evacuación de 6,3 millones de habitantes al acercarse Irma
- Así se puede planear un viaje con Google y sin gastar datos
- Bachelet recibe críticas e insultos en Te Deum evangélico
- Venezuela implementa canasta de monedas para transacciones internacionales
- Cabify colabora en caso de poblana desaparecida
- River arrancó perdiendo, lo dio vuelta y ganó con claridad ante Banfield