UFC Fight Night Pittsburgh takes place on Saturday, September 16 from the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with Luke Rockhold and David Branch headlining.
When Australian Robert Whittaker claimed the division's interim title in July, defeating Yoel Romero, fans were left expecting a title unification bout with England's Michael Bisping, who instead, will fight legendary welterweight Georges St-Pierre at UFC 217 in November. Rockhold doesn't consider St. Pierre a legitimate contender for the title and said he'll stay ready to fight in November if the Canadian former champ backs out.
"I'm coming for that belt": Luke Rockhold.
A change in opponent didn't hinder Mike Perry, as "Platinum" took it right to Alex Reyes in the co-main event. Branch eventually tapped out to the strikes.
Fight Network's live telecasts of UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: Rockhold vs. Branch and ONE Championship: Total Victory are available exclusively in Canada, while Combate Americas: El Grito en La Jaula will be live broadcast in Canada and over 30 countries across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Branch (21-4) showed off his boxing prowess early, backing Rockhold up against the cage with an aggressive attack in the first round. And, truth be told, Rockhold may be no closer to the rematch he desperately wants than he was before Saturday night.
Anthony Smith scored another key win in his long career, defeating former Bellator champion Hector Lombard via TKO in the third round. Rockhold, once again, took Branch down and moved right into mount. "'GSP', I don't know what I need to do", he said, glaring into the camera. You don't belong here, you're gonna get crushed. Better back out. Get out of this thing while you still can. Since then, it's been a waiting game filled with injuries, rumors, and more waiting. They wanted to do the Yoel Romero fight and he wouldn't fight me in a main event, in a five-round fight. I'm giving this guy every chance, and I'm getting almost nothing from it. But I'm here to fight, so I'm happy to have a fight...
On the preliminary card, No. 14 middleweight Uriah Hall came back from an ugly first round to knock out No. 10 Krzysztof Jotko.
- Elon Musk releases explosive video of SpaceX rocket fails
- A Guillermo del Toro no le gusta ser reconocido por Peña Nieto
- Irma destruye la cuarta parte de viviendas de los Cayos de Florida
- Ejecutan a comandante Ministerial de Cancún
- Foreign Envoys Visit Rohingya Camps in Southeast Bangladesh
- Abandonan a dos bebés en plena carretera
- Trasladan el monumento de Juana Azurduy a la Plaza del Correo
- Líderes demócratas acuerdan con Trump proteger a los "soñadores" con una ley
- Mariana Pajón, la reina en la Copa Mundo de BMX en Argentina
- Conductor de Cabify asesinó a Mara Fernanda en un motel